Private Sirince Tour
- Şirince is a beautiful hill village only 30 km from Kusadasi and 10 km from Selcuk, near Ephesus It is famous for its olive oil, fruit wines and natural products
- This pretty old Greek Orthodox village was once known as Cirkince ( which means ‘ugly ‘).Indeed its habitants gave this name on purpose as they did not want to be bothered by foreigners nor to share the beauty of their village. During the exchange of populations following World War I, Turks from Thessaloniki, Greece were moved here in 1924 They changed the name to Şirince (which means ‘ pretty ‘, ‘charming’)
- Şirince acquired world-wide fame when tourists flocked to the village in December 2012 to witness the Mayan Apocalypse, as New Age mystics believed its “positive energy” would aid in weathering the catastrophe, during the 2012 phenomenon
- To visit this pretty village which acquired world-wide fame when tourists flocked to the village in December 2012 to witness the Mayan Apocalypse or Doom’s Day , after the breakfast you will be picked up from your hotel in Kusadasi / Selcuk. Pick up time is 09.00 from Kusadasi and 09.30 from Selcuk. Around 10.00 you will arrive in Sirince and start to explore the town with your guide.
- During your tour you will have the chance to feel the traditional Turkish life and hospitality. Sirince is a village like a painting with its well preserved old houses, narrow streets, small local restaurants and vineyards. You may enjoy shopping through the narrow streets of Sirince, from the villagers selling kinds of handcrafts, olive oil and wine that is made of several fruits grown in Sirince.
- In the afternoon you will have your lunch at a local restaurant and leave Sirince which has been able to preserve its authenticity and the meaning of its name around 13.00- 13.30.and will be transfered to your hotel.
- Travel Tips
- Summer season is hot and dry so we suggest you take your hat and sunscreen with you. Winter season is rainy and wet so you should take your raincoats with you. You will walk approximately 2.5 miles over cobblestone surface and ramp please mind your steps to avoid injuries and wear your comfortable shoes.
Itinerary of the tour
- Pick up from your hotel in Kusadasi / Selcuk
- Arrive in Sirince
- Stroll trough narrow streets and well preserved, beautifully decorated houses. You will visit the silversmiths, leather shops, jewelers and authentic clothes stands. You will enjoy the view of the vineyards and will visit a wine house to taste delicious han
- End of the tour transfer to your hotel
- All transportation in A/C ‘NO – SMOKING’ vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off service from/to hotel
- Admission Fees
- Personal Expenses
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Anything specified as included